This scheme uses a number of local garages who are contracted to recover vehicles on behalf of the Police.
Your vehicle may be recovered under the following circumstances:
- Involved in accidents and causing an obstruction or hazard;
- Stolen vehicles;
- Broken down and causing an obstruction or hazard;
- Uninsured vehicles;
- Vehicles driven by unlicensed drivers;
- Vehicles used anti-socially;
- Burnt out vehicles;
- Suspect vehicles that are 'of interest' to Police;
- Abandoned vehicles that are causing an obstruction. (See note below)
Note: Vehicles that have reached the end of their useful life and have been abandoned by their owners are the responsibility of the Local Authorities. If you have an issue regarding such a vehicle, please contact the Environmental Services Dept for the Local Authority in which the vehicle is situated.
Statutory Recovery Fees are applied as per the Home office guidance and tables.
The Cleveland Vehicle recovery Scheme (CVRS) Liaison
Shared Service Centre
Stockton on Tees
Tel: 01642 301234 (Select Option 2)