How can you make a complaint?

There are several ways to make a complaint to Cleveland Police:

In person

You can complain in person at your local police station or any other station within Cleveland Police Force. A police officer or a member of police staff will speak to you about your complaint and will explain your options.

By email

You can email us at [email protected]

By post

Write to the following address: Cleveland Police, Professional Standards Department, Police Headquarters, Ladgate Lane, PO Box 70, Middlesbrough, TS8 9EH

By phone

Contact the Force via phone on 101

Other Options

  • Contact a Solicitor or your MP and ask them to make a complaint for you (they must have your written consent);
  • Nominate a person to act on your behalf (they must have your written consent);
  • Contact the Independent Police Complaints Commission , who will pass on the details of your complaint:

Independent Office for Police Conduct
PO Box 473
M33 0BW
0300 020 0096 (press 2 at prompt - 9am to 5pm)

IOPC Website: [link]

Email: [email protected]

Expression of Dissatisfaction about the Police Service

National Complaint Form (Email client is required to send the completed PDF)

National Complaint Form Notes